Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Internet Explorer 8 with LR 9.50

Am using IE8 with LR 9.50 and the application is crashing.Are these two compatible or should i downgrade the IE to some other version.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Internet Explorer 8 with LR 9.50

As far as I know IE8 is not supported. There may be a way to change the settings in IE8, say compatability mode, or some other settings that may be able to get it to work. I have no requirement to use IE8 so I have not tried. Maybe someone else here can provide settings to get it to work.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

IE 8.0 is not yet supported by LR 9.5.

I would suggest you not to use IE 8.0, unless you get confirmation from HP on official support. (Since its not supported; HP support team can not log any cases related to LR on IE 8.0.)

You can downgrade to IE 6.0 SP2 or IE 7.0.

You can suggest an enhancement request for support on IE 8.0.

I am saying this because, QTP 10.0 was also released almost same time as LR 9.5 and...QTP does support recording on IE8.0....and hence you can hear some news on LR as well 🙂

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

It depends...

If you are using Click and Script, I can see the trouble as inevitable. But using HTML, I think you might be able to work through most issues by versioning the page ( http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/readiness/developers-new.aspx#versioning ) Check with your App Dev group to see.

But yes, unless your company has a hard requirement to support IE8, it might just be easier to remain at IE7.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks for your replies.i will downgrade to IE7 and will try
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.