Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Invalid character reference while XML parsing

Hi,

I am a recording a transaction flow on a flex based application using LoadRunner 9.52.

For one particular response I am able to see "Invalid character reference while XML parsing" message on the tree view.

But the XML view displays entire XML with no errors.

Any help to correlate values from this response is highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

V.M.Guruprasath
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Invalid character reference while XML parsing

Hi,

I would like to know whether this is due to LoadRunner unable to parse the response?

Because I am unable to see any error on the application side. The XML view in LoadRunner is giving me the complete XML structure. It's the tree view which is giving error.

If there are any ways to correlate values from XML view kindly let me know.

Or if there is any patch which would solve this issue, kindly let me know.

Thanks and Regards,

V.M.Guruprasath
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

guru,
you should be able to correlate using the lr_xml functions to correlate the XML response.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Instead of the conventional tree view -> right click -> save value in a parameter, I need to store the entire server XML response in a variable. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks and Regards,

V.M.Guruprasath

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.