Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Is it possible to change TruClient minimum step time for multiple steps at once?

Hi,

I was just wondering: is there some way to change the minimum step time of truclient scripts for multiple steps in one single action? I can't find anything about this. Changing each individual steps seems a pain as there are a lot of steps to cover in my script. 

I am using VUgen 12.53 P3

Regards,

Peet

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hello Peet,

Thankks for your post.

Let me research about this, in the meanwhile is this for a specific TC browser?

Regards,

Daniela Gómez Alvarado
Customer Support Engineer

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Hi Daniela,

In this case it is specific for IE11 since that is the browsers that my customer requests to test with. But this is also a general question concerning all browser types supported by TC (PC 12.53)

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Peet

0 Likes
Highlighted
Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

So I figured out a way how to change minimum step time for all steps in a script really fast. The procedure described below works for IE (haven't tested it for other browsers, but will probably work).

Tested this with Vugen version 12.55.

For this to work you need notepad++ with the XML tools plugin.
Make backups of your script first!!!

Step by step:

1. Open the script directory in windows explorer.
  2. Using notepad ++, edit the default.xml file.
  3. Use the  plugin XML Tools > Pretty print (XML only with line breaks) to change the format to readable (and workable) XML
  4. Execute a find and replace with following regular expression:
    1. Regex = (^\s+<step type=\"testObject\" stepId=\"step\:{.+?\}\")
    2. Replace with: $1 manualDuration="10"
    3. Replace all
  5. Alls steps now were assigned a 10 seconds minimum step time, of course you can use a different time length. This time can now be randomize through the runtime settings of  min. step time
  6. Save the default.xml file, i.e. overwrite the original
  7. Load the script into Vugen, each min step time should no be at 10 seconds.

In case of a function part of a library, you can follow the same steps, however you then need to edit the {libraryname}.xml file instead of the default.xml.

Have fun!

Peet

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.