Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Is it possible to run multiple scripts in One Vuser Group per Load Generator?

Jump to solution
Hi Guys,

Let’s take the below Vuser Group _1 which contains 2 different Scripts and assigned to One Load Generator called LG1.

Group_1 has Login Script , Search Script
For Login Script : 150 Vusers
For Search Script: 50 Vusers
My question Is , is it possible to run Group_1 on Single load generator(LG1) ?

Could someone please advise me on the above and explain how.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Is it possible to run multiple scripts in One Vuser Group per Load Generator?

Jump to solution
I don't think it is possible to have a single group for 2 different scripts.

You need to create 2 groups, 1 per script. You can still use the same LG for both te groups. And then assign the no. of Vusers as per your requirement

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: Is it possible to run multiple scripts in One Vuser Group per Load Generator?

Jump to solution
What I understood from ur requirement is that the script scenario is like it will first login and then will do the search action.....so what i suggest u that rather creating two different scripts create it in a single one but create in as 2 different action and in runtime setting create blocks and assign the number of vusers according to ur requirement and run in a single LG......

Thanks,
Prasenjit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

Try this

Design a manual scenario.
Add login & search scripts.

In scenario schedule,
Schedule by : group
Run mode : Basic scehdule
Start Group : set the desired criteria for groups to be executed one after other

Now in the group name on the left side of the script select the same name for both scripts.
On the right side select the load generators for the group
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Prasenjit Dutta,

Login and Serach both are different scripts. more over for search no need to Login.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
HI SPP,

What I mean to say is I want to run two different scripts in same group on one Load Generator.

Group _1 which contains 2 different Scripts and assigned to One Load Generator called LG1.

Group_1 has Login Script , Search Script
For Login Script : 150 Vusers
For Search Script: 50 Vusers

If it is possible could you please explain the process.

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I don't think it is possible to have a single group for 2 different scripts.

You need to create 2 groups, 1 per script. You can still use the same LG for both te groups. And then assign the no. of Vusers as per your requirement

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi Raj,

If your search script doesnt require any login and is not dependant on your first script you can use the same load generator and can run in the same group as well. You can use the same LG for some multiple scripts and only thing you need to consider is the LG is not over loaded.
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Jump to solution
Hi Archana & Srinivas,

Thanks a lot!

You guys are awesome!

Thanks,
Raj
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
How about this scenario:

We have 3 controllers. Controller one has 500 users and controllers two & three have 250 users each.

We configured four Load Generators.

If conroller one was running a test of 500 users using LG's 1 & 2 what would happen if user of controller two configured LG 2 to its test of 250 users?

Would both controllers be able to use the same LG 2 to run their tests or would controller 2 knock the controller one out when it logged in?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Once Controller 1 is connected to LG2, No other Controller will be able to connect to that LG until the loadtest using Controller 1 is completed.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thanks,

Is there a message displayed if a user attempts to connect to a Load Gen which is already in use?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I Don't remember the exact message. I think in the Controller you will get the message similar to "Unable to connect to the LG machine"
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.