Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue in Reconfigure Host: "Change machine identity failed" error

Hi,

One of the host LG machine is in "Non-Operational" status. Under Lab Management, I tried to select the host and click on "Reconfigure Host" and I get the below error.

Could not configure the following host(s) (reason in brackets):

- <HostName>(Change Machine Identity Failed.

Reason: [D:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Performance Center Host\al_agent\bin\alagentservice.exe] fail to exit)

Successfully reconfigured 0 Host(s)

I have restarted the alagentservice for that host, but it still does not resolve the issue.

Can I get some pointers on what causes this error and possible resolution for the same?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue in Reconfigure Host: "Change machine identity failed" error

I have the exatly same issue.  I'm using PC12.0

Below is the exception

Mercury.TD.Client.Library.DetailedException: com.mercury.td.pcextension.labservice.comm.ILabServiceSetHostPCServiceExceptionDataFaultFaultMessage: Change Machine Identity failed ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: com.mercury.td.pcextension.labservice.comm.ILabServiceSetHostPCServiceExceptionDataFaultFaultMessage: Change Machine Identity failed
   at Mercury.TD.Client.Ota.QC9.IBaseField3.Post(Boolean UndoOnFailure)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.Ota.Core.LowLevel.StandardEntityCore.Post()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Mercury.TD.Client.Ota.Core.LowLevel.StandardEntityCore.Post()
   at Mercury.TD.Client.Ota.Core.BaseEntity.DoCorePost(Object context)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.Ota.Core.BaseEntity.Post(Object context)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.Ota.Core.BaseEntity.Post()
   at Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Core.Mvc.Controller.RecursiveValidateView(IView view, Boolean onlyActive, Boolean post)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Core.Mvc.Controller.RecursiveValidate(Boolean onlyActive, Boolean post)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Core.Services.EntityForm.OnSubmitButtonClick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraButtonBase.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at Infragistics.Win.Misc.UltraButtonBase.PerformClick()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Components.Core.CustomForm.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at Infragistics.Win.UltraWinTabControl.UltraTabControlBase.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at Mercury.TD.Client.UI.Components.ThirdParty.CustomTabControl.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.ProcessDialogKey(Keys keyData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessMessage(Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PreProcessControlMessageInternal(Control target, Message& msg)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.PreTranslateMessage(MSG& msg)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Honored Contributor.
Honored Contributor.

Re: Issue in Reconfigure Host: "Change machine identity failed" error

Hello.

About this issue please go to the problematic machine, open the Services Managment and check that the service RemoteManagement is running with Local System account. If not change and restart the service

Rodolfo.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.