Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Issue using Performance Centre Migration Tool v11.52 connecting to Target DB Server (SQL 2008 R2)

Jump to solution

Hi there,

I'm attempting to migrate project data using the HP Performance Centre 11.52 migration tool from a v9.52 Performance Centre environment to an 11.52 (Patch01) ALM/PC environment, with target environment of SQL 2008 R2 (two instances) on fixed SQL ports.

Using the tool, I am able to establish connection to the old SQL database server and database (MI_LRDB), LRFS file share repository and to the new ALM environment (ALM Site Administrator), however the connection to the new database instance (Target Database Credentials) fails with a named pipes error 40:

The connection string is in format of jdbc:mercury:sqlserver://SQLSERVER:PORT

where the PORT is a fixed port, using AD credentials which are correct and have sysadmin permisisons to the database instance.

I have verified network connectivity to the SQL server and setup a manual ODBC connection successfully to the database instance.  Windows firewall is off, no firewalls between the SQL and server running the migration tool.

Named pipes is enabled on SQL 2008 R2, for the database instance, and server was restarted after making changes.  Remote connections are also enabled (proven by above remote test via ODBC) and other renote server connections to server.

Any ideas why this isn't working and what I can do to resolve the issue to migrate project data across from the old environment?

Alex

============================

Update 14/4/15 - due to no response from support forum a case has now been logged with HP re DB connection issue.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Issue using Performance Centre Migration Tool v11.52 connecting to Target DB Server (SQL 2008 R2

Jump to solution

This was resolved by HP support.  The SQL 2008 R2 Server client/configuration tools were required on the server running the migration tool.  I had to create an Alias to connect to the server name, and specify the TCP/IP port to allow it to connect as fixed ports were being used for each database instance  re https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1210758

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: Issue using Performance Centre Migration Tool v11.52 connecting to Target DB Server (SQL 2008 R2

Jump to solution

This was resolved by HP support.  The SQL 2008 R2 Server client/configuration tools were required on the server running the migration tool.  I had to create an Alias to connect to the server name, and specify the TCP/IP port to allow it to connect as fixed ports were being used for each database instance  re https://softwaresupport.hp.com/group/softwaresupport/search-result/-/facetsearch/document/KM1210758

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.