Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue while replaying Flex & Web content

Hi All,

I am working on a web based application that has sharepoint component (links on the laft hand panel) as well as Flex components (graphs, maps etc)
I am recording using Flex and Web(http/html) protocols using LoadRunner 9.5. All the flex_web_requests are captured in binary format. When I replay I get the following issues:
1. On replaying the script recorded using a combination of the protocols: Flex, Web (http/html) and AMF, many “File Download” windows pop up with the message
“ Do you want to save this file - t2.UNK”. The file download prompts pop up for the filenames t2.UNK through t14.UNK one after another. Apart from the first screen, other pages also do not seem to load while playback. Same while using only Web protocol.
2. Also, a active screen authentication window pops up twice every time I replay the script.
3.On recording with only Flex protocol, the script replays without errors but am not sure if the page loads correctly as the web_reg_find function fails. [Run-time viewer does not display for flex protocol]

Can you please guide me as to what is the problem source.

Thanks,
Sweta
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue while replaying Flex & Web content

Hello Sweta,

Disable your run-time viewer to avoid getting the pop-ups. For the authentication part, try using web_set_user function at the beginning of your script with the user credentials. If you need a proxy authentication, then provide the user credentials in the Authentication tab of the Proxy settings in your run-time settings

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Web_set_user,initialise this function begining of your script.this'll solve the issue.if you have proxy setting,then provide the authertication over there,on settings.

Else go for MRDP protocol,it'll solve your all issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I already had a web_set_user function in my script. However I added it multiple times for each user action (eg: click). Still the active sceen pops up.

Also, by disabling the run-time viewer, the file save pop-ups dont come; the script replays without errors but on viewing the test reults.... none of the navigated pages while recording, displays....

how do i know if my script is making the right requests and all the pages are loading correctly
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You can verify the correctness of your replay by either inserting text/image checkpoints in your script. Also, you can run the script in extended log and once the replay is complete, you can check for any 404 or error in your replay log to ensure correctness.

Thanks
Prashanth T
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, The active screen authentication popup issue is resolved when MRDP is used when recording.

Thanks for the infomation.

Vasegowda
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Active screen problem i am also facing , while reading this thread , i came to know MRDP protocol solve this issue . please let me know how to use this , from which option i can select MRDP protocol , i am using 9.5 version of Load runner
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.