Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue with IE 8 when recording a script using LoadRunner

Hi,
Previously I had IE 6.0 and was able to record scripts perfectly. But now after I installed the newer version of IE(8), An IE message box opens after a certain delay with an error message saying "Data Execution Prevention" and says that IE has encountered a problem and IE shuts down.

What seems to be the issue here? Do I need to go back to the previous version of IE?

Thanks,
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue with IE 8 when recording a script using LoadRunner

Try doing the following setting. My Computer > Right Click > Properties > Advanced > Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention. In this window select the first option, Data Execution prevention for essential windows programs and services only. Hope this helps you.

If not, what is the version of LR that you are using?

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

IE8 is not supported with any of the current LoadRunner versions.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks 🙂
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I read that even LR 9.5 does not support IE 8. LR 10 will support IE 8, and it will be released in mid-june 2010.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.