Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue with client/server protocol

Hi,

We have client/server application developed with .net framework.

The application is using web services internally for communicating.

When we start load runner capturing, no event is getting captured in the VuGen.

Can anyone tell us which protocol we need to go ahead with scripting ?

Regards,
mahendranath

0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Issue with client/server protocol

You need to check with your Dev team to find the protocol the app is using to communicate and use the respective with VuGen.

Or try protocol advisor in LR 9.5
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

They are using web services for communicating. Its a desktop applcaition dev with .net framework.

Protocol advisor is giving webservices/web(http/html).

But how can we do scipring in web(http/html) if its a dekstop based client.server application ?

Is there anything i can ask Dev team and sort it out ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If your client application is communicating using web services then you can ask them to send you WSDL files and you can generate the script in web services protocol and generate the load as if desktop app is sending the request to the server.

If you dont have web service licesne then ask them to send the XML SOAP request.
You can use HTTP/HTML protocol to generate these request using web_custom_request function.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

So even that will be simulating the requests with out having the actual desktop client ?

Actulally my requirement is to compare our client/server application with/without using CITIRIX.

My appoach

1) Capture the business by navigating the business process by my desktop client --> server.
2) Do the same thing but access the desktop celint by CITRIX..

So if I ignore the desktop client and simulate the requests by SOAP/ web services ( WSDls)..I cant be able to find out which method is good ?

Am i right ?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In that case you need to try winsock or microsoft.Net protocol to record desktop app.

I am not sure if you might succeed, winsock is the lowest level you can try with VuGen.

If you still have problems then use QTP to record the script. But to run in controller you need special QTP/LR license.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried with MS .net but its not capturing anything. I tried with winsock as well, but not able to see whther its replaying r not....

I think the option of running QTP in load runner might be the useful.

Thanks,
Mahendranath

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.