Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Issue with compiling VuGen script after recording .net application

I am having an issue compiling a VuGen script after I have recorded a .net application. The application uses Microsoft Sync Framework. I'm not sure if this is the issue. Every time I attempt to compile the script I receive many compile errors all stating the same thing and it's with all the variables created with VuGen:

is not accessible in this context because it is 'Private'.

Changing the variable in question from Private to Public doesn't change anything.

I installed Microsoft Sync Framework on my machine and added the realted .dll's as a reference in my Filter Manager but to no avail. When using the .dll's and compiling the script I see a lot of errors showing the following:

// Found an undefined object of type SyncUtility.UploadSyncAgent. Assigning it the name SyncUtility_UploadSyncAgent_1.
// Suggested solution: adding both this type, in assembly SyncUtility, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null, to the filter
// and/or any other types that return instances of this one.
// Note: This script will not compile as is.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, suggest something I may not have tried, or suggest a better way to record this .net application I would greatly appreciate it.
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Issue with compiling VuGen script after recording .net application

Can you send us the script with full logs?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.