Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

J2ee profiler shows no data at "All Methods" tab

Hi,

J2ee diagnostic prob is installed on WebSphere 6.1 and connected to Diagnostic server.
But I am trying to use it only as a profiler.

The problem is what page "All Methods" stills empty even if can see hundred of Hits for different methods of the application at "Currently used instrumentation page" -> My Layer

I assume what if hits exist then profiler gathers data, but seems I am wrong.

Could somebody explain what I've miss.

Thanks.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: J2ee profiler shows no data at "All Methods" tab

In unlicensed mode, the Profiler is limited to capturing data from 5 concurrent threads.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for suggestion.

I checked it. Maybe you are right but the picture isn't clear.

If I set active.products=PRO I've got
2009-06-19 12:18:36,657 INFO appcritic_control [ServerCommunication] Profiler running in unlicensed mode.

But for active.products=Enterprise, and probe is actually connected to the properly licensed Diag server, I don't have such message.

It means that probe fully works and gathers all performance events, but still no data in "All methods"

Another guess what I shouldn't use J2ee probe 8.0 evaluation. It can have other licensing than 7.5.

Could it be?

Alexander.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Not very sure, what could be the problem. May be some instrumentation problem.

Yes, you can use 8.0 and use the same license.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.