Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jar files being downloaded on every iteration

Hi All,
I'm having a unique issue.
When using IE, The appliation under test downloads some jar files to the c:\. This takes some time as they are large, however it does not download them ever again, thus making it quite fast.

In vugen, when I'm recording, it downloads the jar files again (I am not sure where it is saving them), and upon playback, it downloads them on every iteration, regardless what setting is being used for caching.

I tried doing this in init and Action, so it would download in the init but not download in the Action, but it still downloads it. I know it is downloading due to the transaction timer value beign so high.

Is there anyway around this, its driving me nuts!!!
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Jar files being downloaded on every iteration

Please uncheck "Download non-html resources" in Runtime Settings.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thanks for the reply
But that doesn't work.

Im using web click and script AJAX...there is a point where it opens up a java applet. It takes a very long time due to the download..

Any other suggestions?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Go to the Browser settings in the run-time settings and enable caching. Or if you know that the files are cached just comment out the calls in your script.

Alan
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.