Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java Applet Stepdownload Timeout error

Hi,

The application is developed using Java Applets, I am using LR 9.5 version of the tool.

The application has web browser as front-end and once log in Java Applets are loaded for login screen and subsequent screens.

I recorded the application using HTTP + Winsock Protocol successfully, while replaying getting "Step Download Timeout" error in the login applet itself.

I have tried increasing the timeout period,still the same error.

I have skip the step by setting up in runtime setting as "ignore errors", throws warning, and script is running till end. However since the first login applet is not loaded, the required resources are not complete, and subsequent pages does not have proper response body.

Any suggestions please, to overcome this issue.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Re: Java Applet Stepdownload Timeout error

I am facing the same issue and raised a support ticket. You might have to take this issue with HP support. Try to add some manual correlation for the requests which are timing out. This happens if you applet is receiving data from the server.

Have you tried to record in LR 11 ? I tried but the applet is not recognized at all.

Do post the solution if you find one.

JS
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.