Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Java Record and Play

Hi, I'm new to Java record and Play protocol.
When I try to record a Retail application, vugen never generates events or scripts.

From the threads i understand that the java class path and JVM's need to be specified in the recording options.

Could you please let me know the Recording options for the RMI based protocol. My application uses JRE1.5
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Java Record and Play

Pls refer

Start->LoadRunner->Documentation->VUGen guide->Protocols->Java Protocols recording....

Refer section on recording Java RMI.

~~Shivaram

0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Check list:

> Did you configure your environment to record with Java protocol?
> If yes, during recording did you see the class loader? (Small Green window)
> If no, configure the environment first. Try to run the blank Java script. If you receive error, you didnt configure the environment.

You may refer to knowledge base on how to set the environment.

Thanks
KM
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Class Loader -> Green window is poping up. It loads all the classes from jre/lib.

Kindly confirm under Recording and Runtime Options for JVM what should be the parameters specified.

Under Classpath should i need to specify the jars required for loading the application.

Right now I have pointed that Classpath to jre/lib and it loads the jars from this loactions only.

Directions are much appericated.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.