Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Java applets not getting recorded in vugen 9.10

Hi Experts,

I am trying to record a web based application which launches a java applet and after performing certain tasks returns back to the same page from where it was invoked.the application records using http/html(url) protocol and even is able to launch the applet and work further on it sucessfully, however after launching the applet LR is not recording any action that has performed on the applet. In turn hen the control is back to the browser is recordes the remaining steps(i.e. logout).

I am using LR version: 9.10 The protocols i have tried: http/html(winlnet level, url based)I have tried using URL mode.

Pls suggest

thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Java applets not getting recorded in vugen 9.10

check if Java record/replay protocol helps you in this case?

If you search for KB articles in support portal, there are some suggestions on this.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi,

I am not able to find the same in support..

pls help provide some info or KB article how to record using java replay record..

help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
Cheers!

Nvr Blame a day in ur life....... Good day gives "happiness" & Bad day gives "experience" ......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Try Recording using Earlier Engine.

Regards,
Vinutha V G
HP - BSAS INDIA
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Hi vinuthavg,

what is earlier engine..i didnt get u ..pls elaborate?
Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

In general VuGen uses the multi-protocol recording engine for all recordings, even if you are only recording a single protocol.

To use the single-protocol recording engine for backward compatibility, select the Record script using earlier recording engine option.

You can find this option in
Recording options --->Advanced ---> Recording engine --> Enable the check box "Record script using earlier recording engine" .
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.