Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR 11 Load Generator fails (99% of the time) to connect to Controller

Jump to solution

Issue: 

LoadRunner 11 Load Generator almost always fails to connect to LR controller

Details:

Several months ago, I upgraded my existing installed-and-functional LR 9.52 Controller and Load Generator  (I followed the recommended clean un-install, then install of 11, then patched in order).  The Load Generator was able to connect after the upgrade and the system was functional.

After this, the generator was not needed or used for weeks.  Then on Tuesday, in preparation to generate a load, I tried to connect to the Load Generator with the Controller, and it failed to connect.  After multiple attempts (~ 5 or 6),  it connected - I was then able to execute a script, so I thought it was a random, un-attributed network error,  I then proceeded to shut down the Controller, and rebooted both the Controller and Generator host machines, logged back in to both machines, launched the controller, and verified the Loadrunner Agent Service was running on the Generator machine.  However, the Controller failed to connect, and has not since after many tries.

Examining the Application event log on the controller host, I see three events being reported by the MercuryAgent.  The first two are Information, the third is an Error:

Event #1: Information: Event ID (0):  "The Description for Event ID (0) in Source (MercuryAgent) cannot be found.  The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.  You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.  The following information is part of the event: service stopping.."

Event #2: Information:  Event ID (0):  "The Description for Event ID (0) in Source (MercuryAgent) cannot be found.  The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.  You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.  The following information is part of the event: service starting.."

Event #3: Error:  Event ID (0):  "The Description for Event ID (0) in Source (MercuryAgent) cannot be found.  The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer.  You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details.  The following information is part of the event: MercuryAgent error: 1326: Can't Create User Token."

These machines are both running Windows Server 2003 SP2, sit adjacent to each other in the same rack in the server bay, running on the same sub-net.  I have performed all the requisite troubleshooting steps - I can ping each machine from the other, there is no firewall in the picture and no ports are blocked, the primary NIC is enabled and set as first priority order for each host machine, etc.  Both machines and the LoadRunner Agent Service are running under my Admin credentials.  Everything is as it should be - and keep in mind that this system worked before...

Based on the error message, I suspected a potential license issue; however, the license key I have is Permanent, the validity is Unlimited, the Vuser Types supported are the Web & Multimedia Bundle (which includes the protocols I am using) for 250 users, and All Monitors are included.  So everything appears in order in that front.

I cannot find any mention of the error code I receive above (MercuryAgent #1326: Can't Create User Token) anywhere in the supporting documentation, nor in these forums or KB on this site.  Any clues or ideas?  I am now stalled and need help, getting this going is critical!

Thanks,

-Perf Guy 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have resolved and fixed this issue!  It appears the issue was due to either A) a faulty patch install, or B) a mis-matched patch level between the Controller and Generator.

I resolved this by doing a complete clean uninstall of the load generator (via add-remove programs), then installed only the generator from the LR 11.0 ISO, then I applied the following patches, in order.

Critical Patch LRLG_00002
Patch 1 - LRLG_00003
Patch 2 - LRLG_00005

After each patch was applied, I tried connecting to the load generator until it succeeeded to connect. It was successful after patch 00005 was applied, and I have since executed a load test using the generator with no issues.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Update/additional info:  When I change the credentials the LoadRunner Agent Service uses from my (admin) credentials, to the Local Machine Account credentials (stop-service-change-credentials-restart-service), the Generator still fails to connect to the LR Controller, but the Error event reported above ("MercuryAgent error: 1326: Can't Create User Token") no longer appears in the Application event log on the generator machine.  Not sure why my admin credentials would cause the unable to create user token condition, but the local machine account does not have that issue,  However, regardles of which credentials are used, the generator still cannot connect...help is needed for this one! 

Thanks

-P.G.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have resolved and fixed this issue!  It appears the issue was due to either A) a faulty patch install, or B) a mis-matched patch level between the Controller and Generator.

I resolved this by doing a complete clean uninstall of the load generator (via add-remove programs), then installed only the generator from the LR 11.0 ISO, then I applied the following patches, in order.

Critical Patch LRLG_00002
Patch 1 - LRLG_00003
Patch 2 - LRLG_00005

After each patch was applied, I tried connecting to the load generator until it succeeeded to connect. It was successful after patch 00005 was applied, and I have since executed a load test using the generator with no issues.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

from where to download ,LRLG_00002,LRLG_00003 and LRLG_00005.

my issue is Load generator machine's CPU is 100% utilized for 20 users only.

Note that script im running is  a blank script with just 1 start and end transaction in it.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling same , still the issue persist.

im looking to download and install aboe patches.

please help me from where to download.

Thanks in advance.

Muzammil

India

+91 97184 61062

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
from where to dowload these patches?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.