Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

LR 11 and Citrix Connections ...

Anyone have any luck using LR 11 with Citrix Xen App Server? I can't seem to connect. I have both LR patches installed and ran the registry patch for Citrix mentioned in the readme.

Thanks,
Chris
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 11 and Citrix Connections ...

What is the problem you are facing? What is the exact version of Citrix XenApp server?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks. When I attempt to connect to our Citrix published apps, the Citrix window comes up, says "Initializing..." briefly, then just says "Connecting..." forever.

Chris
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

It's looks like SSL mismatch. See how we solve analog problems for LR9.52 http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1460832
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Thanks, Victor. I showed this to our Citrix admins and they don't seem to think that's the problem. We tried a few different SSL settings and haven't had any luck with them.

One thing they are looking into, our new Citrix system uses pass-through authentication, is that a potential problem spot in your experience?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Anyway, you can try to record a script with full logging and in this log you can see an answer from your server where it will be noticed about SSL types or another conflicts. Of course, port mapping and correct configuring for another options in LR I wrote about earlier are necessary for SSL connections. One recommendation from HP was to have not web- but full-client of Citrix for recording and for me it was only Citrix client ver.10, it works correctly for us, our Citrix admin approved it using for testing.
I've no practice with pass-through authentication in this case, no comment.
Please write here about your progress or problems. Good luck!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Found our problem, and slightly red-faced over here. But wanted to share
it in case it can save someone else some grief. 😉

We didn't have any luck w/ .ica files. We were using the regular
connection where you supply the credentials in the Recording Options
dialog. We thought we needed the port to be added as 8080, turns out
that with XenServer it needed to be 1494. Who knew?!

Chris
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.