Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR 11 and browser compatibility

I am a new LR user. I downloaded Version 11 demo and was trying to record a script.

I was recording a web application script. I have IE8 on my machine with Windows XP.

Whenever I start to record, I get the following error: "The default browser registered at this machine is not supported by the Web VUser recorder. Please change the recording options or select another default browser".

The default browser on the machine is IE.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LR 11 and browser compatibility

IE8 is supported out-of-box with LR11. I believe the default browser is something else. Go to Control panel and make sure it is set to IE.

If nothing works, just select win32 application in recording dialog and browse to iexplore.exe.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey, 

I am facing same problem,

I am currently on LR 11.04, OS: Windows Server 2003, SP2, using IE8. 

I selected IE as my default browser, but I still see the Web Recorder pop up with " The default broswer registered at this machine is not supported by Web VUser recoder. Please change the recording options or select another default broswer." 

Can someone please help me with this. 

Thanks in Advance

R

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Check your record settings.

I believe you have checked the use older version option. IE8 can not be used to record using earlier recording engine.

Change the recording option, restart VUGen and  Let me know, if this doesn't help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Shivaram, Now VUGen is not able to record any events in script, I am seeing IE cannot display webpage when I start recording, but I am manually able to open the webpages in IE.

Am I missing anything here, could you please help me with this.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Any further update on this?

I am also getting the same isssue. Tried with all the possibilities.

Tried triggering different browsers like Chrome, Mozile. For everything getting the same error.

Please lt me know if there is any solution other than reinstalling vugen.

(Current versions Vugen:12.01, IE: 11)

Thank you !!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.