Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR 9.5 Correlation issue with Viewstate variables.

Hi,

I'm using load runner9.5, and trying to record the .Net application which is having the long view state variables.

I tried to correlate those dynamic variables,using the "Correlated" button on correlation results window. After clicking button LR has populated dialog box and displaying "You have attempted to correlated an excessively long string(73KB)".
I press yes and tried to replay the same script.

When i'm trying to reply that script is failing.
And under the replay log showing error message:
HTTP 500: internal server error.

If any one has face this type of error before and got any solution, please share with me.

Appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Amit

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR 9.5 Correlation issue with Viewstate variables.

Check, if you can import attached correlation rule and if it works for you.??

When using auto correlation rules to captue the ViewState value, some larger values are not correlated..

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM179371
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR 9.5 Correlation issue with Viewstate variables.

It's unclear in your post whether LR correlated the parameter or not.

If it did but script is failing to capture during replay, then you will need to increase the param_len using web_set_max_html_param_len("74000");

If it didn't you can try the correlation rule as suggested by Shivaram Patil. As a last resort, you can always fall back on manual correlation. Whichever way works, you may still need to increase the param_len since the variables are long.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.