Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

LR 9.5 - Unable to replay Applet recording in vugen

Hi there,

I am trying to record an application which invokes an applet. The recording was completed using Mutiprotocol (http+sockets) but I am unable to replay the script. Getting timeout errors.

Action.c(104): Warning -27727: Step download timeout (120 seconds) has expired when downloading resource(s). Set the "Step Timeout caused by resources is a warning" Run-Time Setting to Yes/No to have this message as a warning/error, respectively   [issued at Action.c(112)]   [MsgId: MWAR-27727]
Action.c(112): Aborting pending download of URL="https://retuatintra.samba.com/connect80/res/0/524288/11/mux2.htm4mux.html"   

Appreciate your urgent help on this.

Regards,

Nadeem

JS
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR 9.5 - Unable to replay Applet recording in vugen

Hi,

To increase the step download time out goto Runtime settings->preferences->options->general.

However,

Why record with HTTP + sockets ?

Have you tried working with Protocol analyzer if working with LR 9.5 and above ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Hi SPP_PC,

Thanks for the response.

Actually I tried the protocol analyzer, but it strangely gives me Ajax as the protocol. This is a webpage which just loads an applet from a html page. I have attached the screenshots. It is basically a trading applet which sends and receives data from the server. Have to load test the order placement here,

I am able to record using Web (Click and Script). The problem is when the replay happens.

Any ideas/ workarounds ?

JS
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The reason your script will not run the applet is because it does not have a JVM. LoadRunner runs little programs that make calls to your server - these little programs are not browsers. You need to understand this fundamental concept in order to succeed with LR.

Oliver
0 Likes
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Oliver, Thanks for the reply.

Appreciate if you could let me know of any pointers to understand the Applet recording concepts better.

JS
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.