Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR Citrix recording error -Fail to get session from client

Hi,
I am using LR 9.51.I am trying to record citrix application with
client agent version - citrix online plugin 12.0.0.6410
citrix server - Xenapp 6.0.
I am not able to record the application.I have supplied correct credentials and defined connection parameters and the name of application is also populated in Published application drop down and is selected.

During recording I get message Initializing and then connected.But nothing happens after this.Record log shows following:-
Citrix Recorder:-Fail to get the session from the client.
I had applied the 9.51 Lr patch and the registry patch as well but of no avail.
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR Citrix recording error -Fail to get session from client

Hi, Anybody can help us , I am also facing the above issue.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I think nobody have the solution for this issue.

Is anybody from HP can give the answer for this issue?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey it depends on protocol being selected and SSL certificate of the website. I also faced same situation like this and created script in Vugen where controller is installed.

Use following protocols to identify citrix applications.

1. Web HTTP/HTML
2. Citrix ICA

Please let me know incase of any info.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi,

Can anyone rely if any solution.

Regards

Jaise
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi all!
1. Here is LR 9.52 version with some patch for Citrix.
2. HP said that 9.52 don't work with Citrix 12 version, only LR 11 can.
3. Our client use Citrix 11, but it didn't work correct with LR 9.52 (HP said). For testing we use Citrix 10 Full client.
4. There are some recommendations about configuring SSL throw proxy mapping, see http://forums13.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1460832

Regards, Victor
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
Sometimes the previous server sessions are active and if you could end all the runnning sessions and try again by setting the following things in runtime settings:
1. Try to increase think time as loadrunner takes sometime to launch the application from citrix than it does manually.
2. Try to record the script by URL and disable proxy
3.Run correlation (Either Manual or Automated once script is recorded run once and replaying again.

Please try these options and let me know if you still face the same issue
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi there,

This Citrix scripting using  Vugen goes on and on. I have the same  Error: Fail to get the session from the client using Vugen version 11.3 to record application on citrix XenApp 6.0. The client on my workststion is the latest Citrix receiver version 3. Are you aware of any patches available to fix this issue?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.