Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR .NET Serialized objects

Hi,

I had a question on a script that I am trying to record on a .NET application using serialized objects. In the recording options I am choosing XML for serialization. Yet, when I record the script it serializes the object in binary - (LrReplayUtils.GetSerializedObject("Serialization_8.bin")

Since I need to make changes to the object (as a part of data submission) I am unable to modify it since it is in hexadecimal.
What am I doing wrong here? Am I missing something which is not causing the object to be serialized in a readable and editable format as XML?
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LR .NET Serialized objects

hi...

r u sure its serialization_8.bin or serialization_8.xml.. even im facing the same problem.. i want to paramerterise the data in the xml sheet... i have done some R&D which was not so help full..

but i suggest this option:

In recording option do select the option "BOTH" for serialization.

Let me know if you issue is resolved by this or else do post me.. bec even im struck with the same problem..

thanks in advance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

other important points.... for the help of LR..

â ¢ Serialize long arrays. For long arrays containing serializable objects (for example, an array of primitives), use VuGen's serialization mechanism. Enabling this option generates LrReplayUtils.GetSerializedObject calls if the array size is equal to or larger than the threshold value.
â ¢ Threshold value for long array size. The threshold size for an array to be considered a long array. If the array size is equal to or larger than this size, VuGen serializes it when detecting serializable objects
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Unfortunately, when I put Both I only get the file in binary. For other serialized objects in my script I get both XML and binary, for the Deal object which I need to edit, it is only captured in binary.

I have also been doin some R&D and one thing I am looking at is the System.Runtime.Serialization assembly, which I am playing around with in the filter.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

yes, even i have tried top-down and bottom-up approach using filters.. but its too tedious to add the filters as the number of events increases with the addition of filters.. anyhow keep me updated regarding your progress so that i can also get to know 🙂

Regards
Vidhya
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.