Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR and QTP

Jump to solution
Hi All,

Can I run QTP code via LoadRunner? For example: There is a LR script, can I integrated the LR script with some QTP code and run it via LR.
Important: the new script will not require QTP license and it possible to run more the one profile (via BPM) simultaneously.

Thanks,
Michael
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
QTP code is in VB Script. VuGen does support VB Script vuser. You may have to figure out how to use some QTP-specific VBS libraries (if any), but other than that there shouldn't be any major problems.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert
QTP code is in VB Script. VuGen does support VB Script vuser. You may have to figure out how to use some QTP-specific VBS libraries (if any), but other than that there shouldn't be any major problems.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner
Hi Michael

Also can I ask why you want to change over the code from QTP to Vugen? As QTP is only used if Vugen is not capable of properly scripting an application, well atleast in my environment.

--Regards
--Mario
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
Hi Mario,

There is some good reasons for us to combine LR script with some elements from QTP.
1. LR doesnâ t need license. We can run the script from different location without installing QTP, which does require license.
2. By using LR, we can run several scripts simultaneously.

On the other hand, QTP allows better application recording than Vugen. This is why we want to use LR with QTP elements.

Thanks,
Michael
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.
I am also having some problem related to this. can you help me.
I am working on web based application.
QTP doesnt work on my application, as we upload images in the canvas and drag and drop images on canvas from our gallery and QTp is not able to read it, and in it there are some java scripts also involved.

Load runner runs smoothly.

Is there any other tool which can solve my problem of QTP, or can I make any changes in QTP to run it.
I need to do automation, but its becoming very difficult.

Thanks a lot in advance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.