Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR and sitescope

I have read about sitescope that its a monitorng tool. But why do we use it with Loadrunner if Loadrunner has its own monitors.
Also, what do we need to do to integrate sitescope with LR. on which machine/server do we need to install sitescope and what are the steps of integration with Loadrunner.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR and sitescope

LR comes with basic monitors

Sitescope provides 60+monitors..Its an out of box monitoring tool.

If look at list LR monitors, Site scope is listed there.....all you need is site scope license to enable this.

While installing sitescope, you can choose to integrate with LR.

Please refer Sitescope install guide.....for better understanding.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Install guide has all the details
Ex: System requirements for site scope, integration with LR etc
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Do I need to install sitescope separately from the hp site or we can also do that from the loadrunner set up file where there is an option for site scope in additional components.
Does it make any difference from where i install sitescope.
Also, do i need to have separate license for using sitescope.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can install Sitescope that comes with LoadRunner - additional components. By default you will get a 500 Points Free Sitescope license with LoadRunner. You can install Sitescope on any machine that the monitoring machines can be accessible. Using LoadRunner - Sitescope monitor available in Controller, you can view the metrics configured in Sitescope.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

You can install it from the LR setup itself.

I would recommend you to install it on the machine, other than your LR.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

what makes difference like installing in seperate system or in LR system?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Suppose i have already installed Loadrunner and how can i install sitescope if it should be done on loadrunner system itself or if it has to be installed on different system then how can i map these 2 systems?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You can install LR & SiS on same machine if you have enough system resources and there shouldn't be any compatibility issue.

You can configure all your monitors in SiS. During the load test configure the Sitescope monitor by providing URL & Credentials of the SiS.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thanks madan for the reply. if they both are installed on same server and i started a load test from controller, what to be done from sitescope. whether to start it before i run controller. how sitescope starts monitoring?
if u have any usefull doc's can u share with me...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

As I mentioned earlier you can pull the metrics using Sitescope graph in Controller. Before that you need to configure all the required monitors in the Sitescope page. LoadRunner just pulls the metrics of the corresponding monitors from Sitescope.

Refer to LoadRunner monitor reference for more details.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.