Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR fails to load web services app startup

I am using LR 9.5 to do a proof of concept on a web services app.

On the client I am using I can successfully invoke the application manually, but when I try to record the start up using LR, the application fails to load.

The Protocol Advisor successfully loads the app and tells me the protocols to use.

Why can LR launch the app via the protocol advisor but not when recording a script?
0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Not sure if you have DEP allowed. Check it once.

Right click My Computer >>> properties >>> Advanced >>> Performance Settings >>> Data Execution Prevention. There select Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.

Is VuGen working normally for other protocols ?

Regards,
Raj

Like this Post? Click Kudos! to show appreciation.
Is your issue addressed? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" against the post which helped you the most.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

You Can also play around with the Network > Port Mapping > Capture Level in recording options.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Greg,

Is your application window based?
If yes then are you trying to record the application with its shortcut or the icon which appears at desktop? If you are doing in this way then your application might fail to invoke.

Try this check out exact application execution file location and provide that path into program to record field with its argument if any else can keep it empty. Hopefully it will work and capture the web services calls.

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thats all for the replies.

Rajasekhar: I have checked DEP and the setting is as you suggested.

Yes, VuGen is working correctly for other protocols

Amar: I have tried recording the script with Capture Level set to WINet level and WINet + Socket level and the same result was found.

Ajay: Yes the application is windows based. I am not using a shortcut. I can invoke the application by selecting the .exe from within c:\program files... and this is the same path that I specify in the recording options.

Any other suggestions greatly appreciated
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Greg,

Can you please let us know what exactly you want to do with the web services application. What business flow you want to emulate?

Are you dealing with WSDL or SOAP?

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Ajay,

I can't get as far as recording any of the business process yet as (when I'm recording) I can't get to the front screen of the application.

It is SOAP

Thanks

Greg
0 Likes
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Hi Greg,

Correct me If I am wrong:

You have window based application which creates SOAP request.

After creating SOAP request you need to fill in some data which you want to update or insert at backend.
You would be mentioning endpoint and SOAP action.

Once you are done with SOAP request then you are sending this request through your window based application which invokes web services.

If this is the process you need to do then you simply import SOAP request to Vugen and try running it and check out manually if data passed through vugen are getting reflected into database or not.

Good Luck!!!!

Thanks
Ajay
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks all for your help.

We have solved this now simply by including the folder path to the exe in the 'working directory' recording option.

One to remember for next time
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Greg,

I am also facing same issue. I have also added folder path of exe in Woking Folder of recording settings. Still getting below errors. Could you pls help me to resolve this issue?

vuser_init.c(20): Error: HTTP status code 401 returned by the server
vuser_init.c(20): Error: SOAP request "Logon" execution failed

Thanks in Advance.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.