Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LR peoplesoft web/HTML script works on day it's recorded but not the next day

Jump to solution

Hi all,

Have an interesting one for you.  I am using lr 11 web/HTML protocol, record a peoplesoft script that clicks thru some tabs than back to the home page.  After recording I removed all the web_add_cookie lines, and correlated icsid, for the rest of the day I can run the script and get expected results.  My problem is the next day I run the script I get redirected to the login page when click the first tab.  I am guessing this has to to do with sessions expiring but I can't figure out what to correlate since I don't have any ps_token / psjsessionid / sessions in the rest of the scripts.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LR peoplesoft web/HTML script works on day it's recorded but not the next day

Jump to solution

You may leave all those web_add_cookies and correlate the cookie values.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LR peoplesoft web/HTML script works on day it's recorded but not the next day

Jump to solution

You may try this, clear your cookies before you record, then the login step may also be recorded.

If possible, please upload your logs of successful and the failed replay.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Record twice the same steps and compare.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Look for a timestamp as this might be the issue, and do what Umair mentioned.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks I clear my cookies and rerecorded, no I get the following

If I leave the cookies and replay the script I do not get redirected, once I remove the cookies the script redirects me around Action.c line 405.  I have attached logs from a run that worked and on that did not.  Judging by the result it looks like I need to reproduce a cookie to make this work is that correct?

Thanks for your help so far

[If this post solves or helps solve your issue, mark the thread as solved and give KUDOS to the author for their assistance.]

(Opinions expressed in my postings are mine alone, and do not reflect the opinions of my employer.No warranties express or implied for any solution/suggestion posted.)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Umair,
I have done this a couple of time and do not see anything that effects the script

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Suerte13c,
Thanks i looked and see two instances of timestamp in the logs and no instances in the script

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

You need to take the script when it is working, go to Run Time settings and enable extended logs and select Data Returned by server, then run the script and allow it to complete successfully.  Copy the entire contents of the logs that result into a text file and save that off.

Then, wait until the next day when the script fails, replay the script again.  When the script fails you copy the contents of the logs into a different text file and then use WinDif (included with LR) to compare the differences.  

I am certain that you will see some sort of time stamp difference, just remember that the timestamp may not be in the form of a date and time, it could be something that gets hashed up or encrypted.  

It is also possible that the correlation that is needed is not in the script but rather in the header.  I suggest that you switch to  tree view and look at the different screen shots (record and replay) for each step, especially after the script fails and pay attention to the details that are available in the header section of each conversation.

If you are still unable to find the correlation that is needed I would strongly suggest that you open an HP Support case and get some assistance. 

Craig Drummond

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

You may leave all those web_add_cookies and correlate the cookie values.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Jump to solution
Thanks all i need to leave the cookies in and it did solve the problem

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.