Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR record windows service

Hi Guys,

I have a windows service that needs to be included in performance test. The service invokes a web service and inserts records in database. Thus the protocol i need to record seems to be MS SQL.
The problem is i am unable to invoke the service from load runner.
I tried two ways to initiate the record:
1. Created a bat file with net start command
2. Browsed c:\windows\system32\net.exe as program and start "service name" as argument.

The LR is not capturing any events, but i can see service being started and processing.

Protocol advisor crashes in both case.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Established Member..
Established Member..

Re: LR record windows service

Hi,

I guess you can try with Web(HTTP/HTML) protocol. I remember we were able to invoke serice with bat file using this protocol.

Gud Luck....

Thank,
Ajay Kumar
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LR record windows service

Thanks for the reply but this also dint capture any events
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.