Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LR recording issue - starts app process but no GUI

e.g. when trying to record IE I can see iexplore.exe come up on task manager but the ie GUI does not appear and no events are recorded. I have tried both LR 8 and 9 with the same results on my PC.

I disabled my virus program just in case but that didn't help.

My PC is running XP Pro 64 bit.

Not much to go on I'm afraid, just wondering if anyone came across this type of problem before...

Cheers.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Re: LR recording issue - starts app process but no GUI

I've had a similar problem. The cause for my problem was McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention. The problem diappeared by diasbling McAfee HIPS. You also have to kill the iexplore.exe without GUI.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LR recording issue - starts app process but no GUI

As far as I know, LR is not supported on 64 bit environment.

Try to record on XP SP2; 32 bit.

Which version of IE are you using?

If its IE7.0 or above; disable tabbed browsing, disable any tool bars & antivirus.

~Shivaram
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.