Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LR9.5 Controller crashes; 'failed to create empty document'

Case title: LR9.5 Controller crashes; 'failed to create empty document'

Case detail: Opening or create a scenario on LR9.5 results in a error message 'failed to create empty document'
(See attachment)

This happens if straight install or upgrade from 9.1. 9.51 patch makes no difference.

Clicking ok results in the following exception.
(See below and see attached)

wlrun.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module wlrun.exe at 001B:0051A952, CLrBaseException::operator=()+753986 byte(s)

EAX=00000000 EBX=FFFFFFFF ECX=00000000 EDX=000000E1 ESI=0076F0D8
EDI=0076F0D8 EBP=0013EBBC ESP=0013EB30 EIP=0051A952 FLG=00010202
CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023 FS=003B GS=0000

001B:0051A952 wlrun.exe, CLrBaseException::operator=()+753986 byte(s)

001B:005196B4 wlrun.exe, CLrBaseException::operator=()+749220 byte(s)

001B:0051C104 wlrun.exe, CLrBaseException::operator=()+760052 byte(s)

001B:00517F6A wlrun.exe, CLrBaseException::operator=()+743258 byte(s)

001B:7820CC98 MFC80.DLL, Ordinal1207()+0072 byte(s)
0 Likes
8 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: LR9.5 Controller crashes; 'failed to create empty document'

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I have seen this issue before and am seeing it now. wondering if you have received a solution and if so any hints ...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi Andrew,

The above issue is caused by a new zealand english setting on the machine the controller is sitting on. Sounds crazy but this is why we are getting this in NZ and not elsewere. Basically we had one machine where it was working and one where it was not, the only difference was regional settings.

To fix we rebuild the controller machine and used UK english settings and it worked. This is logged with HP as an issue.

Hope this helps,

Simon.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Simon

I am also seeing this behaviour, with an error in MFC80.DLL . I am running a 9.5 temporary trial (and are also in New Zealand!)

Did you ever get to the bottom of it?

Regards
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Disable the option "automatic daylight saving" option in the OS system clock.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

This error is with HP at the moment, a CR has been raised with R&D.

The error happens on NZ regional settings and does not happen on a UK regional settings strangely, nor australia strangely enough so I am unsure whether changing the automatic daylight savings will resolve this as NZ is not the only country with dayligh savings. Can you expand on this Kavarthapu?

Have you installed LR9.5 on a NZ regional setting computer and resolved this issue by making this change? I would be very suprised if this is the case. Have you tried Matthew?

It also only happens on LR9.5, the prior version LR9.1 is fine. Happy to get you a copy of this Matthew.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Kavarthapu

Thanks for your prompt response on this. Unfortunately, if I uncheck the box "Automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes" on the Time Zone tab of the Date and Time Properties dialog, then LoadRunner says "License security violation. Please restore proper system time. To renew your licences...".

We are currently in Daylight Saving time in NZ, and unchecking the box has the effect of advancing the underlying system time by one hour (ie the time becomes 10am NZ standard time/11am summer time instead of 10am NZ summer time). However, even if, with the box unchecked, I set the time one hour earlier to corresponding standard time, I still get the licence violation message.

A local LoadRunner agent is providing me with a trial version of 9.1, which I understand doesn't have this problem, so I'll proceed with it.

Regards and thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Have you sort this out? I'm having this problem too.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.