Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Launching Point of Sale java application failed while using java record replay protocol

We are trying to launch Point of Sale using java record replay protocols and getting  exceptions and errors

Please find the attached exception message

When we are launching POS manually there are no device exceptions/error as they are overridden but when we are running from Vugen we are unable to do that.

The other set up details which have  done as follows:

• Under Recording mode we have used:
    • Record : Java application
  • Inside Recording Options
    • In the Classpath : jar file and folder are given as needed while launching Point of Sale manually,Please find the attached cp.txt
    • Under Java VM additional VM parameters were set
    • The recording properties are as follows:
      • Recorded protocol  RMI
      • Extension List JNDI
  • The java version used is java "1.8.0_221"
  • Changes also made in user.hooks file
  • The environment variable was also set in the laptop and as well in Classpath

The load runner version used is 12.53, tried latest community version and other version as well but POS is not even getting triggered.

Our suggestions and points can be helpful, Please help
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Re: Launching Point of Sale java application failed while using java record replay protocol

Hi Chandan,

Could you try recording it as a batch file? You could create a batch that runs your AUT correctly, then in the recording dialogue, you can choose this mode of recording (see attachment). 

kadaristi_4-1590664462716.png

I'd suggest to record it with extended log (Recording Options), and in case the issue persists, you could send meg the logs and a screenshot where the errors can be clearly seen.

Thanks,

Isti

0 Likes
Highlighted
Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

Re: Launching Point of Sale java application failed while using java record replay protocol

Thank you Isti,

I want to understand, so we are trying run the batch file from Vugen and  what basis we need to select the working directory  why I am asking our batch file  runs few other batch files also..

I tried it but batch file just runs and closes in few seconds... Do we also need to give the classpaths also ?

I am using java record and replay , try to record as Java application where I was passing Main class and parameters from xml which was used when launched manually...

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.