Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Distributing in controller

Hello All,

Actually i need to test the load test with 500 Vusers. but i have the LG's to support 300Vusers. In what way i can Perform Load test to simulate 500Vusers with limited LG's supported for 300Vusers

If i need to use any iterations , or setting any pacing or any modifications.

Please suggest me.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Distributing in controller

HI

You can go with two iteration process and Vuser inti and Vuser end(2times) will continously execution  with diffrenet iteration and Vuser_Action (one time) it will execute .One more thing can you tell me the Resources utilization is more or less and also let me know the which kind of protocal its .

But the best suggestion is increase the LG'S

Thanks

Satish

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Hi Ram,

If you requirement is running 500 active users over a period of time then setting iterations wont help as iterations would work only after the earlier iteration has finished with a business process.

What protocol are you running the scripts with ?

Have you verified the CPU utilization on the LG machine ? Is it consuming 80% or more.

In a test scenario you could utilise resources of the machine as long as it is not consuming more that 80%ish..

Are you treating controller box as one of the generator machine ? If not u may want to divert some load on the controller box as well.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ram

If your requirement is to run the load test with 500 vusers with the available load generator with a capacity of 300 vusers is not possible. If you are running your load test for multiple iterations also only the transactions count will be increased but the load will be constant which is 300 vusers. Once the iteration is ended by the user a new itertion will be initiated with a new user where it again equals to 300 vusers and not more than that. due to insufficient resources. Make sure that your LG machine does not exceed the maximum of 80% memory and cpu utilization in order to avoid the issues. The Pacing and think time can be anything according to your application requiremnts. Better go for Random 15 to 30 seconds for Pacing which is the best practice.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.