Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Generator fails to run Script after connecting to LR Controller

I have the following scenario that is driving me nuts.

I have a script that is recorded in Winsock protocol as the application is a thick client written in CoolGen as it has a CICS Mainframe back end. When I run the load test from the LR Controller (sits on a VM instance) it’s not a problem, the script will run without any issues. When I try and connect to the physical load generator I get a confirmation that it has connected. I then click run and get an immediate failure saying that the controller cannot communicate with the generator.

I have also tried running another script using the WEB protocol against the same load generator and that worked without any issues.

I should mention that the VM and physical servers are in the same domain, and when the script is run it is run with an administrator account.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards

Sinisha
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Generator fails to run Script after connecting to LR Controller

The problem might be with the network domain. I encountered similar issue where the application is deployed in one network domain and my machine and VUGEN is in another network domain. Not sure exactly and just giving an idea to make sure that you have everything under one network and there are no access issues.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.