Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Runner Hits per Second

Hi Everybody

I am a new tester and I would like to know what can I do to reduce the Hits per Second (I have a 400 goal). I have increased the thinking time, I can't decrease the vusers and I have it running for 30' after puting in 3 users per second.
The problem is that I would like to flat response times but the graph goes like crazy when I have 900 users running.
The script I run is a very simple html page with a login some frames a picture and some text.

Thank you very much for your time
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Load Runner Hits per Second

Hello Newbie,

On controller check the runtime setting of the script to see if you have selected replay think time as recorded or any custom value. if this is not checked please do. Also you can control the Throughput or Arrival rate on the server by induding some pacing time as part of the runtime setting of script on controller.

Eby
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Could this be done by building a Service level Agreement with a Total Hits Per Second goal.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you for your answers.
How do I change the pacing time? Is it by decreasing the Vusers per second or the delay for each page?
I have inconsistent transaction response time, how can I make the lines in the graph flat? I can't change the number of users.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Newbie,

The response times completely depends on the server response to the load generators, the trouble needs to be done on the server, meanwhile you can streamline the hits per seconds by increasing the think time and the pacing time between each iteration.

Go to runtime settings ->general->pacing
Go to runtime settings ->general->Think time
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.