Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load Test on Perl CGI Application giving error

We are doing a load test on our PERL-CGI application and it is throwing an error when run for 100Vusers. The loadtest is successful when run until 50Vusers. The Application is hosted on Apache Webservers and we use Sybase as the DB.

For 100Vusers, the Number of failed transactions apparently increase and the Load Runner Shows the error attached above with the email.
As per the error, after a set of users pass the transactions, the page is not available for the rest of the users and the transactions seem to fail. But it doesnâ t depict that the error is because of the connections break down.

When checked the webserver logs during the failure â it throws the following error:

Issuing rollback() for database handle being DESTROY'd without explicit disconnect().
DBI->connect using 'old-style' syntax is deprecated and will be an error in future versions

I found out from various sources from Google that the above is just a warning message. But apart from this error, there are no errors seen from the webserver logs or with the application.
Also, we checked the DB server and there was never a crossing of limit in the max number of connections.

Can you please help how to resolve the issue (or) please let us know any pointers on where exactly should we focus in our application to resolve the issue?

Thanks in Advance,
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Load Test on Perl CGI Application giving error

From this information it is difficult to tell why your application will not scale but this is not unusual.

It could be that you do not have enough connections configured for your web servers or enough connections available to your database. You should work with the application developers and system admins to determine what needs to be tuned to improve performance.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for replying.
As said, we actually saw from the Database server too that there is no where there are restrictions to the connections. No where the application too has restrictions on the number of connections.

Now,we changed the script and it has run well for 100users(no failed transactions). Only change we made to the script is: placed the 'web_reg_find' before the web_url() and it stopped failing transactions.

100Vusers passed, 120 passed and now the problem arouse with the 150users again.

Here is the errors that the Performance center throws(out of 150, 148 Passed and 2 failed):
1. Continuing after Error -26366: "Text=Find a Project" not found for web_reg_find
2. Continuing after Error -27728: Step download timeout (120 seconds) has expired when downloading non-resource(s)
3. Continuing after Error -26609: HTTP Status-Code=503 (Service Unavailable)

But the above webserver warning message is seen for both passed and failed transactions.

Can you please let me know are there any other settings to be considered from the Load Runner to avoid such errors?

Thanks again!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Looks like the application is taking more time to download the pages .
So try Increasing the Stepdownload timeout in the RTS.

Here are the steps to set the same

Go to Runtime Settings --->Preferences -->Options-->General--> "Step DownloadTimeout"--> Set to 300 Sec (default it will be set to 120)

Thanks & Regards,
Vinu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,
I changed that settings in Runtime settings and the stepdownload error is solved.

But now , when the test is run for 120 vusers, transactions failed and it shows about 111 errors of the same error type:
1. Continuing after Error -26366: "Text=Find a Project" not found for web_reg_find

Can you pls help how to resolve this issue?
I verified the webserver logs and nothing as error is seen from the Application end.
Also, verified the DB, it just gives 22 connections at that time.

Can you tell me if there are any other settings again from the Load Runner that can be made for resolving the above issue?

Thanks again
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

Please remove "Continue On Error" option checked in RTS. This will cause the error rate to increase.

Steps are Below :
RTS --> Miscellaneous-->Continue on error - Uncheck

Regards,
Vinutha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi ,

I tried removing "Continue On Error" option checked in RTS.

i introduced think time for 8 secs and checked and it worked well for 150Vusers, but today i performed the test with the same script and get the same error for 75Vusers only.

Please could you help me resolve at the earliest?
Many thanks in advance!
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.