Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Load Testing on ALM Application?

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Is there a tutorial or step by step instructions which explains how to perform load testing on Application Life Cycle Management application?

I have tried to customize the scripts given along  with HP Application Life Cycle Management Benchmark Kit Manual (attached) but I couldnt make them to work.

Recently we have created ALM Evaluation environment by using the QC10 projects.

This environment is created with entirely new application servers/ Database server/ Repository.

We want to measure and get an understanding/estimate on the application responses for user actions  in this new environment.

I have noticed that login part can be customized using WEB_GlobalLoginOut_In [ Web HTTP/HTML ] script in the benchmark kit.

When I provided the necessary server/project details and credentials to the Vugen script ; it is some how not working.

Is there any expert who can guide me in solving this problem; it will be really helpful.

If any HP Expert is interested to help in this ; Please let me know I will raise a ticket and will assign to the support engineer.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Load Testing on ALM Application?

Jump to solution

COPIED FROM SAME THREAD IN LR FORUM

Unfortunately the benchmark toolkit and the scripts that are included with it are provided as is, for reference purposes, and there is no support for using the toolkit in your environment included with your standard or premier support offerings.  

The real problem with the toolkit is that it is HP's method of performance testing ALM and while they have made some effort to make the toolkit usable in other environments, the toolkit was not created to be a plug and play solution.  If you want to use the toolkit, but you are having problems or you need to expand or customize the toolkit for your environment then you would need to contact HP Professional Services who can assist you on a time and materials basis (extra cost) or you can consider a 3rd party solution.

Please note, I am not affiliated with and I do not warrant in anyway that your use of this 3rd party tool would accomplish what you want.  That being said, I was given a demonstration in June of 2013 of a tool  (ALMAssist) created by Phil Mayhew a Rextency Tech (http://www.rextencytech.com).  You can see a brief description of the tool at http://www.rextencytech.com/almqctesting.php as well as information on how to contact the creator for more detailed information.  There is additional cost associated with this solution the details of that would have to be worked out with Rextency Tech directly.

With ALMAssist Phil was able to create brand new VuGen scripts that could login and perform many different functions within ALM without having to change the security setting in ALM and without having to crawl through thousands of lines of someone else's code all in just a few minutes time.

There could be other 3rd party solutions out there as well.

Not the answer you were hoping for I am sure, but hopefully something that you or others will find useful.

Craig Drummond

My views expressed in this post do not reflect anyone else's position except my own.  While I am an HP employee, this suggestion is my own and not an official recommendation from HP.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I responded to this on the LR thread, this was my response:

Unfortunately we cannot really provide that kind of support, for customizing the scripts in the benchmark kit or creating new ones, as this requires very in depth knowledge of ALM mechanisms, and script creation in this case would require dedicated resources to create. We normally recommend profesional services in this case.

Regards,

Mario M.

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

COPIED FROM SAME THREAD IN LR FORUM

Unfortunately the benchmark toolkit and the scripts that are included with it are provided as is, for reference purposes, and there is no support for using the toolkit in your environment included with your standard or premier support offerings.  

The real problem with the toolkit is that it is HP's method of performance testing ALM and while they have made some effort to make the toolkit usable in other environments, the toolkit was not created to be a plug and play solution.  If you want to use the toolkit, but you are having problems or you need to expand or customize the toolkit for your environment then you would need to contact HP Professional Services who can assist you on a time and materials basis (extra cost) or you can consider a 3rd party solution.

Please note, I am not affiliated with and I do not warrant in anyway that your use of this 3rd party tool would accomplish what you want.  That being said, I was given a demonstration in June of 2013 of a tool  (ALMAssist) created by Phil Mayhew a Rextency Tech (http://www.rextencytech.com).  You can see a brief description of the tool at http://www.rextencytech.com/almqctesting.php as well as information on how to contact the creator for more detailed information.  There is additional cost associated with this solution the details of that would have to be worked out with Rextency Tech directly.

With ALMAssist Phil was able to create brand new VuGen scripts that could login and perform many different functions within ALM without having to change the security setting in ALM and without having to crawl through thousands of lines of someone else's code all in just a few minutes time.

There could be other 3rd party solutions out there as well.

Not the answer you were hoping for I am sure, but hopefully something that you or others will find useful.

Craig Drummond

My views expressed in this post do not reflect anyone else's position except my own.  While I am an HP employee, this suggestion is my own and not an official recommendation from HP.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

Hi Craig_Drummond,

Thank you providing this valuable information.

I understood the process that I have to follow for this ALM Testing.

Regards,

Srihari

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.