Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Load testing Blackberry thick client app with Loadrunner

Hi,

We want to do load testing of thick client Blackberry applications, which are connecting to SUP middleware and then the backend database. This will be to verify if the middleware and backend server support expected load.

Can loadrunner be used for our scenario? If yes, can it simulate multiple Blackberry simulators or how it will be done.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Preeti
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Load testing Blackberry thick client app with Loadrunner

What is the wap version used?
Do you have the simulator for your application?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I am not sure of the WAP version.

We do have Blackberry simulators for our application (using BlackBerry JDE 4.2.1).

Thanks,
Preeti
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

You should know and need to use wap protocol in LR. I didnt see recent enhancements to that protocol and personally feel difficult in your case.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using LR 11.0 but not able to find the WAP protocol option.

Regards,
Preeti
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.