Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LoadRUnner 11.51 completely freeze and HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger doing nothing

Hi,

I have problem with LoadRunner v 11.51 (I can't install 11.52 because there are some recording issues and that version just hangs very often on my environment-Windows 7 Enterprise (64 bit)). From time to time I had situation that after starting of script in VuGen, script seems to be running but nothing happens (all VuGen Menu buttons off) and I couldn't do nothing at all. So I need to kill a process (and also killed HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger) .

Unfortunaltely after I killed it, and started LoadRunner again,then from this time the above situation takes place all of the time. I just can't start any of my scripts in VuGen now.

I decided to reinstall LoadRunner. After that nothing changed. I still have the same problem.

I tried to run some of the older scripts that was working perfectly and nothing has changed.

After LoadRunner hangs the HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger is starting in Process Manager but nothing happens. I killed this process and LoadRunner buttons have changed it state to active. And after that LoadRunner shows some Stack Traces of error (attachments)

I appreciate for any help.

Martin

0 Likes
14 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRUnner 11.51 completely freeze and HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger doing nothing

I upgraded to 11.52 but with only partial success. Now when I try to start script using Run Step By Step (F10), it is starting, and after a while on the first step (when it stops) I click Replay (F5) and it goes through entire script.

But if I click Replay (F5) at the beginning it hangs as before.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: LoadRUnner 11.51 completely freeze and HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger doing nothing

Hi,

There are additionall  HP.Utt.StandaloneDebugger related issues fixed in LR 11.52 patch 1. If you want you can try to upgrade to this version first.

1. Additionally during installation and while working with Vugen you  

1.1 should be running VuGen as an administrator

1.2.  Vugen needs read/rights access to the registries

1.3. Data Execution Prevention, User Account Control and Antivirus should be disabled.

2. Do you have another HP software product installed on the same machine? There could be some compatibility issue.

3. Could you please try to execute the script from the command prompt and see if any issues will appear during replay? Please review How to execute a VuGen script from Windows command line?

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM198391

4. In the logs I noticed that there is an  Exception:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\PC_ALL_IN_ONE_v11_migr_from_10_v999\LrwiAedScript.xml'

I do not know if it is still valid after upgrading. Please check if there is such file and in what context it is used.

Kind regards,

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Hi, Thanks for Your answer

I upgraded LR to 11.52 but the same problem still exist.

1.1 )  Running as administrator did not solve the problem.

1.2 ) I suppose VuGen has read/rights access to the registries (how to check/set it?)

1.3) I can not disable anti virus but it was not a problem before.

2. I do not have any HP software product installed on my machine

3. I tried to run a script from command line - but nothing happens (script just didn't start - with no error or any info at console. (I will have to force it to work somehow later)

4. I do not have a file with that name. I have no idea what is that file and why is needed.

I discover something with the problem. After some restart of my machine VuGen started working, but some time later I got an error of .NETFramework while I try to run another program.

"Error during analyse, C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config Analyser returned error 0xC00CE56D."

Till then VuGen seems to have described problem and hangs when try to start.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

1. From your description I understood the following. Please confirm if my understanding is correct:

•  You restarted Vugen machine
  •  Vugen worked without issues i.e no hangs during replay
  •  Other program caused the following error  in Microsoft.NET Framework\v2.0.50727
  •  VuGen started to hang when you “try to start.”

I have a question:  are you having problems to start VuGen as well or the issues are only during replay?

2. If you reboot again will VuGen start  working  normally?

When programs crash, it leaves the system in an unstable state.  When the system is rebooted, it resets the system into a more stable state.  This should be done after any program crashes.

3. Regarding your other questions:

3.1 When you execute the script from the command prompt,  there is no output in the command prompt and VuGen is not started. 

To check if the script was replayed successfully you should check output.txt file in the script folder (output.txt if the file which contains the replay log.)

1.  if its modification date and time has changed to the time the script was run and 

2.  if there are any error messages in it.

3.2 VuGen has read/rights access to the registries (how to check/set it?)

VuGen takes the privileges of the user account used to run the program. You can check if the user you are running Vugen with  is able run Registry Editor and create or change registry keys ( For example the keys in  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mercury Interactive )

To start Registry Editor: Start-> Run -> regedit

I am looking forward to your update.

Kind regards,

Vesela

HPE Support
If you haven’t tried it yet, come and join us in our entitled forums at Support Customer Forums

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and give Kudos to the author for their assistance.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

• You restarted Vugen machine
• Vugen worked without issues i.e no hangs during replay

Generally when VuGen freeze I restart VuGen machine (Vugen program) or even my computer. But that do not help a lot.
Situation is undetermined. Some time after few runs of VuGen scripts, it start to hang at starting every time.
Sometimes just after starting the computer, the first run cause freeze.
In that situation I trird to run step by step and sometimes it works.

• Other program caused the following error  in Microsoft.NET Framework\v2.0.50727

Generally I think that hang of VuGen is not connected with other programs. First hang of VuGen was caused in situation when only VuGen was working, not by other program.
The problem is still present even when only VuGen works (no other programs running).
I also saw situation when error in Microsoft.NET Framework\v2.0.50727 occured and after that VuGen also start to freeze.
I must admit that in most of cases I have a Internet Explorer running.

• VuGen started to hang when you “try to start.”
Yes.

are you having problems to start VuGen as well or the issues are only during replay?

I do not have problems to start VuGen.
The issues are only during replay. VuGen hangs just after I clicked [Replay F5] on the menu. (when I try to run a script [no change if I check it on other scripts])

2. If you reboot again will VuGen start  working  normally?

Generally no. I think it is not an issue. Because sometimes I do not need to reboot and just after restart of VuGen script is running perfectly (unfortunately untill it hangs again at starting) but sometimes after reboot it hangs on the first try.

3. Regarding your other questions:
3.1 When you execute the script from the command prompt,  there is no output in the command prompt and VuGen is not started.
1.  if its modification date and time has changed to the time the script was run and
2.  if there are any error messages in it.

There is no problem in running in non-gui mode. output.txt is generated - no errors at all.

3.2 VuGen has read/rights access to the registries (how to check/set it?)
I have full access to registry on logged user (so does VuGen)

Is it possible to get some data from debugger process that start just after VuGen hangs?

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.  Could you please confirm if VuGen hangs when you compile script as well?

It is possible that some other program causes VuGen to hang.

Kind regards,

HPE Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

Please try the compilation suggestion and if the issue appears during the compilation you can try the patch available from the following knowledge document: VuGen 11.52 and 11.52 patch 1 hang during compilation or during replay of a script at compilation phase

The patch is applicable when the  problem is related to anti-virus or other hooking software which interferes with the work of VuGen and makes it hang during compilation.  In the other km provided in the KM "Troubleshooting guide for VuGen (not stable/crashes/freezes/GPF)"  there is a document which contains Debugging steps for issues about Virtual User Generator.  Please review the topic "Verify if other programs are interfering with LoadRunner" to find out whether hooked DLLs are possibly causing the problem.

Looking forward to your update.

Kind regards,
Vesela

HPE Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Unfortunately yes. VuGen hangs when I compile script as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Thank You for quick reply,

After applying the "DLL CCI patch" and starting VuGen, there is a change.

Before applying patch, compiling and as well starting script (Run F5) usually hang VuGen.

Now when I try to start replaying script it hangs VuGen at once with an error (see attachments). But when I compile the script - there is the same problem, but it is very rare. (about one hang per 10 tries )

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I also verified if other programs are interfering with LoadRunner.

I search through the list to see if any other program’s DLLs are loaded. I seems like only DLLs from the <LoadRunner>bin directory and standard Microsoft directories are loaded.

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

I also have a question.

Is it a way to completely unistall LoadRunner and whole of its additional staff ? (I remember that there were some additional programs installed during installation of LoadRunner). Maybe clean reinstall will help.

Regards,

Martin

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.