Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 9.0 on Sun Virtual Box

I installed Sun VirtualBox on my laptop (My laptop OS is Win Vista Home Edition) and created virtual machine then I installed Win XP pro in that virtual machine. Now i want to install Load Runner tool in that virtual machine. While I am installing it is giving me an error message that : "mdac28 is missing on this machine. Please install all pre-requisites and then try again".

I googled for mdac28 and intalled the Microsoft Data Access Component 2.8 Driver package. But still I get same fatal setup error.

Pls let me know how to proceed.
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRunner 9.0 on Sun Virtual Box

Hi,

It is possible to enable installation of the MDAC component by performing the following:

1. Right click on the MDAC installation .exe file and select "Properties".

This file can be found on the LR DVD

LR_95_GA_DVD\lrunner\En\prerequisites\mdac28

2. Select the Compatibility tab.

3. In the "Compatibility mode" section, check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" checkbox.

4. Choose "Windows NT" or possibly "Windows 2000" from the dropdown box.

5. Click Apply and attempt the MDAC installation.

Once the MDAC component is installed you will be able to install LR...

Let me know...how did it go?

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Shivaram,

Thanks a lot for your info. I changed the compatability of MDAC28 file to Windows NT (service Pack 5) and installed it again. The system asked to restart, and after restarting gave me 3 error messages, "C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll is corrupt or ...." and similar message for 2 other files.

Inspite of this error, I tried to see if I could proceed with installation and I could install LR successfully.

I tried creating a sample vuser script, designed a scenario in Controller and executed the scenario. So far all good.

But when I tried to open the analysis, an error popped up saying "analysisui.exe ...If your information is not saved. It might be lost".

Any suggestions on this.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Sangeetha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Analysis module required admin rights.

I am not quite sure, if are local admin?

I had seen some other issue....posted in this forum...I had asked them to log in as admin instead of power user and every thing worked fine.

If have admin previledges...can you load the error snap here..??...I can get some more inputs by looking at error snap 🙂

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

check for these dll's in file system

C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\ADO\msado15.dll

Also, try to manually register them...

This error could be due to dll's not getting registred...if you do not have sufficient rights on the system.

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.