Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LoadRunner 9.1 Controller Error - Cannot Initialize Driver DLL

I am receiving the following error when opening up the LR Controller. We recently upgraded from 9.0 to 9.1 running on Windows 2000. Has anyone else run into this before? I've tried a clean install twice without any luck.

** Cannot initialize driver dll. Exiting... **
0 Likes
7 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

What version of Win2k are you running? Here is the 9.1 support matrix.

http://www.4shared.com/file/69066657/4fb87909/LoadRunner_910_Support_Matrice
s.html

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

We are running Microsoft Windows 2000 with Service Pack 4.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

The matix says it only supports Server and Advanced Server Service Pack 4 for Win2k.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Sorry, we are running Windows 2000 Server on the machine.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

We are using Windows 2003 server enterprise edition and I am experiencing the same problem.

It turns out that a colleague of mine does not have this problem on the very same server. I suppose that he has more rights within the windows system and I suppose that all the loadrunner software was installed under his account.

Does anyone have any idea what to do in this case?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

The solution was (according to our windows administration): Missing rights of the windows user: In particular: the right to create services...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Rosenbauer,

How you grant this privileges to the user? I am experiencing the same issue, and cannot find how to grant users rights to create services.

Thanks in advanced,

Isidro.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.