Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 9.1 Scripting issue for thick client application

Hi,

I am working in ODBC Scripting for one of the Client Project using LoadRunner 9.1. I am facing issues while recording the Thick Client application.

Thick Client Application is developed in C# and it is using ODBC Protocol for communicating the DB server.

At first, I tried to record the script with ODBC protocol but unable to capture any events. Please let me know which protocol suits the application.

Any inputs to resolve my problem are highly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Sowbhagya
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 9.1 Scripting issue for thick client application

What is the database it is connecting to? Check whether it is using ODBC or any other. You may enable ODBC tracing and verify.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

Try using COM/DCOM protocol
You are resource limited only by your imagination
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I tried recording the script using COM/DCOM protocol but unable to capture any events.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor.. Frequent Contributor..
Frequent Contributor..

What version of LR you are using? Did u try protocol advisor feature?. If nothing is working out then you need to monitor the nature of traffic between client and server using fiddler or wireshark. Also try multi-protocol combination of ODBC and COM DCOM.

Do let me know for furthur assistance

Regards,
Imran
You are resource limited only by your imagination
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.