Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 9.10 license key

I had installed the trail version LoadRunner 9.10 from the HP site. Now I have the license key information. When I try to use the license key by opening LoadRunner Launcher, and clicking Configuration->LoadRunner License->New License, and inputting the key, I get a "License violation error". Pls let me know how to proceed.

thanks,
Sangeetha
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner 9.10 license key

Check if you license is valid. For trial version you dont need to add license.

It will expire in 14 days.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sangeetha,

Are you installing the license on the same host; which you earlier requested for??

LR keys are generated against Host-id of the LR machine. It keeps on changing for every LR session tough.....you can still install the same license keys.

You get this error may be becase, you installed LR and then installed again on same machine?

I suggest you to contact HP licensing and obtain a new license.

~~Shivaram
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Shivaram,

Yes I'm using the license number on the same host which had LR before. When my trial version expired, I got the license number. But when I try to give the license number, it does not accept it.

thanks.
Sangeetha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes it will not accept the trial license on the same host again. This is due to the fact that otherwise people may use the 25 user controller over and over again on the same m/c. A registry entry is created for the first time you are using the trial version. If you can clear the registry properly, theoritically then it should work.

Arnab
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Arnab,

Can you please let me know where I need to clean up in the registry.

Your help is much appreciated

thanks,
Sangeetha
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Sangeetha,

I dont suggest you to clean up registry....you might end up in a different issue...

You will get issue like..."License secuiry violation".....

You are getting "License violation error".......better contact HP license team.....providing you a newer key will resolve this issue.

PS: Pls do send this error snap to HP license team...I am sure someone out there can help you.

~~Shivaram

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.