Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 9.5.2 with GWT/AJAX application

Hi there,

I found several forum threads, which try to resolve some AJAX problems but none of it solved my problems. I think this is one of the biggest problems of Loadrunner so I will open a new thread.

Description:

I am using LoadRunner 9.5.2, with AJAX (C&S) and try to record a java/GWT-application. My problem is, that it is impossible to replay my script, although I get the right XMLHttpResponses from the server. Loadrunner isn`t able to get objects from a server and render it into the actual page. The problem is that the reponse from the server is actually no page, but objects. I recorded all my HTTP-Requests and responses with the tool Fiddler.

When I click the Button "Search" with Loadrunner, the page sends three HTTP requests. When I click the button in a browser I send also three requests. I get the same HTTP/XML responses as with the browser.

So the problem is not to get the responses from the server. The only problem is that Loadrunner isnt able to render the searchResults to a part of the page because there is no browser. The browser is able to run some javaScript actions, to get the returned objects to the page without the need of reloading it.

I would like to discuss some experiences with GWT. If somebody has tipps to handle GWT responses please feel free to post it here. I can find no way, I tried it with several recording and replay options, different browsers but nothing could help me to rerender the page with the found objects, without a need to reload the page.

The server response looks like this:

"{"total":88,"data":[{"productGroup":"pg_113692","a_111217_isInstanceType":false,"a_105687_isInstanceType":false .......""

When the page is reloaded the server response looks like this:

".... ...
etc.... "

Is there any LR Roadmap where I can see when HP tries to fix this problem?

Sorry for my bad english 😉

regards,

Bernhard
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner 9.5.2 with GWT/AJAX application

Hi,

I use LR v9.5 and met the problems GWT/AJAX web app. part record scripts like below.

web_custom_request("GwtUserGroupMaintenanceService_8",
"URL=http://gwt001:8088/service/GwtUserGroupMaintenanceService",
"Method=POST",
"Resource=0",
"RecContentType=application/json",
"Referer=http://gwt001:8088/com.app.gwt.WebWMSApp/37057E19130C8DAC96D61E50B0EE2D04.cache.html",
"Snapshot=t13.inf",
"Mode=HTML",
"EncType=text/x-gwt-rpc; charset=utf-8",
"Body=5|0|7|http://gwt001:8088/com.app.gwt.WebWMSApp/|469DE144D5526B5934C1B6D65FFD8F9A|com.app.gwt.client.service.admin.GwtUserGroupMaintenanceService|findGroupMemberShipBean|java.lang.String|XYICD|p|1|2|3|4|2|5|5|6|7|",
LAST);

B/R
Colin
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.