Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

LoadRunner 9.5 Install Conflict

Hello,

I have just installed LoadRunner 9.5 on my new pc (Just brought it at my company having used it in previous jobs)

When I attempt to record a script in VUGen, IE crashes straight away.

I have some Visual Studio components installed on my pc and I get the Visual Studio just-In Time Debugger message "An unhandled win32 exception occured in redirector.exe"

When I close VUGen and attempt to use IE to go anywhere, I get the same. After uninstalling LoadRunner, IE is fine again. This leads me to believe that the LoadRunner install is putting something on my machine which is now causing a conflict with something else.

Any ideas?

Rob
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRunner 9.5 Install Conflict

HP helped me out with this and it is now sorted! Here's an explanation...

HP Redirector.exe is located in \bin and is launched during recording when the "Track processes created as COM local servers" option is selected in the Recording Options, could you please uncheck it and try to record new business process again like google.com for example , are you able to reproduce the issue? This is used to track any subprocesses launched by the application through COM and redirect its activity to recording hooks. For example, there could be an HTTP based application that launches a sub process through COM and as well uses HTTP. The redirector.exe process will redirect this new subprocess to recording hooks so that traffic generated by it could be captured.

Our application doesn't launch any subprocesses through COM so, we could try the next step...

HP Could you please go to /bin folder and rename the executable redirector to another name and try to record again

I did this and now can record quite happily so, problem solved by HP.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRunner 9.5 Install Conflict

See last comment as to how problem was solved
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.