Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 9.51 Vista Enterprise Support

Hi,

I am facing an issue LoadRunner 9.51 of recording scripts on Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 32 bit. Can you please let me know if LoadRunner 9.51 is supported on Windows Vista Enterprise SP1 32 bit?

I have read in your forums that there is support only for Vista Business, Ultimate and Standard editions. But there is no mention about the Vista Enterprise edition.

Your speedy advice on this will be very much appreciated.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRunner 9.51 Vista Enterprise Support

The best place to look for supported platforms is the Readme file under either Performance Center or LoadRunner in Windows start menu. Mine does not say that Vista is supported for VuGen. I personally have not tried. Maybe someone else here has and can tell you of success or failure.

Alan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Alan for the reply.

Please find below the steps followed to make it work. This will help all Vista users.

- In addition to the prerequisite software's installed yesterday evening (i.e., .Net Framework 3.5, Microsoft WSE 2.0 SP3 Runtime, Microsoft WSE 3.0 Runtime and Microsoft Visual C++ Run Time Components), I had to also install these software's as they were specified in the readme file. They are Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1, Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 and Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86).

- Modify the DEP (Data Execution Prevention) settings by navigating to Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced tab > Click Performance Settings. In the Performance Options Data Execution Prevention tab, select the first option, DEP for essential services only. If you cannot change this option, click Add, browse to the client program IEXPLORE.EXE and VUGen.exe.

- As I have been added as the administrator on my laptop, there will not be any configuration changes required with respect to UAC (User Account Control).
I also set the program to run in Windows XP SP2 compatible mode (set through File Properties > Compatibility) based on the information available on the net, but this is not required as it runs even without this setting.

- In Internet Explorer also Check the Every time I visit the webpage option under Tools > Internet Options > General > Browse history > Settings.

- Another important point to be noted where I had issues is on selecting the Protocol Advisor option. If this is selected and terminated immediately after the detection process started, may leave a zombie process of the detected application, causing all recordings and detection sessions that follow to fail. So we have to manually terminate the zombie process from the Task Manager.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hi...

im not sure about this, but i found this piece of information for you: may be it might help u or not.. ignore if it doesn't help 😞

Windows Vista Limitations
To run LoadRunner on Windows Vista, User Account Control (UAC) must be enabled for users with User privileges. For users with Administrator privileges, UAC can be enabled or disabled.
Running the Windows Aero user interface on Vista machines, may slow down VuGen UI performance.
On Vista machines, icons may not appear correctly in some dialog boxes.
On Vista machines, replay for LDAP scripts recorded over SSL is not supported.
If you want to connect to HP Quality Center from a LoadRunner machine running Vista and the Quality Center client is not installed on your machine, you need to have Administrator privileges on the Vista machine.
Replaying a VB Vuser on a load generator machine with Windows Vista requires administrator privileges.
When running a LoadRunner Agent on a Load Generator machine running Vista, it is recommended that you restart your machine after installing LoadRunner, before running Vusers.
When running the LoadRunner Agent service on a Vista machine, the Agent Configuration will not restart the agent service if it is already running. To manually restart the Agent service, Choose Start > Administrative Tools > Services. Select the LoadRunner Agent service and choose Stop from the right-click menu. Restart it by selecting the LoadRunner Agent service and choosing Start from the right-click menu.
On Vista machines, when recording with MS Exchange (MAPI) protocol, the read_next_mail and mapi_read_next_mail_ex functions work only once per script, resulting in reading only the first message in the mail box.
On Vista machines, FTP sessions cannot be recorded on Internet Explorer.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.