Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner 9.51 – unable to record with Citrix object detail recording

Hi,

I am new to recording Citrix protocol.

I am trying to use object detail recording in VUGen, i.e LR can see some of the objects of the application and can perform actions such as syncing on text.

So far I have setup the following
Installed Citrix agent for presentation server as per LR setup instructions.
Installed Citrix client v11 and installed the patch for client v10+ on LoadRunner server
Citrix input for code generation option is turned on

Details of my environment -
Citrix agent for PS version: 9.50
Citrix Presentation Server version: 4.5
Citrix client version: 11
LoadRunner version: 9.51, installed on Win2003 server SP2, DEP disabled.

When I record, I remote desktop (RDP) to the LoadRunner server , run VuGen and then record using Citrix_ICA protocol. I can record and replay no problem. I just can’t get LR to recognise any context sensitive stuff e.g obj_mouse_click.

Where have I gone wrong?

John
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner 9.51 – unable to record with Citrix object detail recording

Did you select "use citrix agent input for code generation" option in recording options?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

"use Citrix input for code generation" option is turned on
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Citrix administrator did a silent install of the agent and did not install properly.

He reinstalled the agent manually; issue resolved.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Citrix agent was not installed properly using silent install. Server administrator re-run the installation and worked OK.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.