Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner GUI timings

Hi,

I have a Delphi client /server based application. I am currently using MSSQL database protocol, but would like to record the script in functional way(Button Clicks). I have searched and found that this can only be achieved using GUI Virtual users where to record script in QTP and then execute on LR. Is this only way out?
0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner GUI timings

Do you want to test functionality or performance?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I want to capture client timings of executing the code as well. I do understant that it will be client hardware specifc. In other words, i want to record as functional test and run as performance test. This is due to the fact that while recording in database protocol, if there are changes in procs, then either i have to tackle them manually, or even worse re cord. But while recording from a functional point , the procs calling would be handled by lr. Lets say on click of a button, 2 stored procs at db are called. Now if lr could record the button event and replay it, the number of procs can change in other build but wont affect my script. In this complete correlation would need to be done by lr, as that part will be captured at runtime, which should pose issues.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Go with QTP script or Citric/RDP protocols.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.