Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner Performance Monitoring for Multi-Tier Web App

Jump to solution
We are planning a load test using LoadRunner 9.5 on a multi-tier web application. The application back end is a Z/OS mainframe with a DB/2 database. There is also a Weblogic application server. Does anyone know what kind of capability LoadRunner has to monitor these types of environments? I'm mainly concerned with Mainframe MIPS & I/O, DB/2, SQL and CICS performance, and network traffic.

Thank you in advance,
Joe

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner Performance Monitoring for Multi-Tier Web App

Jump to solution
LoadRunner provides you with various types of monitors that can be configured on your controller during a load test to monitor the performance metrics of the different components of your application. It provides monitors for all the different layers of the application and I think it would suffice your requirement. The version of the DB2, SQL servers that can be monitored varies with the version of the LoadRunner controller that you are using.

Alternately, you can also try working with Sitescope monitors which can be configured to your controller to fetch performance metrics of your servers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
LoadRunner provides you with various types of monitors that can be configured on your controller during a load test to monitor the performance metrics of the different components of your application. It provides monitors for all the different layers of the application and I think it would suffice your requirement. The version of the DB2, SQL servers that can be monitored varies with the version of the LoadRunner controller that you are using.

Alternately, you can also try working with Sitescope monitors which can be configured to your controller to fetch performance metrics of your servers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
Prashanth Thimmavajjala

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I found more information regarding my AUT. The application architecture looks like this: client web browser > Apache Web Server > Weblogic App Server > DB/2 (mainframe) DB Server. I know how to monitor the Apache and Weblogic Servers. The DB/2 on Z/OS Mainframe I'm unsure of.

I know LoadRunner can monitor DB/2 on Windows and Unix, but Z/OS Mainframe?

I'm looking for MIPS & I/O activities for designated processes on the Z/OS Mainframe, including data propagation, summarization and DB2 operations. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
JD
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
I am not sure if this help in your case, but we use "main View" to monitor Real tiem Db2 performance running underZ/Os and also TMON for Host( CICS) performance. All these tools are being monitored by Infrastructure teams, not configured in LR controller.
May be need to work with them.

Thanks,
Sulochana
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Was not able to conduct the level of monitoring required by using LoadRunner.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.