Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner - Unable to record with ODBC protocol

I'm trying to script a VB6 application which connects to a Sybase DB using ODBC with a Sybase ASE driver.

The problem is that nothing is being generated in the script, i.e., no LRD statements are found in the generated script.

I've tried using Sybase CT-and DL-lib protocols,and even tried multi-protocol scripting with COM/DCOM and WinSock, but still getting the same results.

BTW, I'm currently using LoadRunner ver 9.5.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Thanks.
0 Likes
6 Replies
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: LoadRunner - Unable to record with ODBC protocol

What does protocol analyzer suggests?

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Protocol advisor indicated ODBC.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

First thing, can you check the tracing with ODBC Data source administrator and verify if there are any entries?

-Madhu
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Yes, there are entries in the trace log.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Then try to record with ODBC protocol. If it is not able to capture then we may need to look into the logs to infer the facts.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

If you cannot record with any of the database protocols then try to create a script on your own if you know the flow of the SQL queries.

Please refer the link for more info.

http://performancetestinginfo.blogspot.com/2009/10/working-with-loadrunner-sybase-ctlib.html
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.