Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner analysis "resource usage"

I'm curious to know the logic Analysis uses to plot system resources with very different numbers all on one graph and what units are represented.

For example with my UNIX resources, I have a graph that has Context Switch Rate with values between 9000 and 43000. It graphs these around 15-20% "resouce usage" which is on the y-axis.

On the same graph, I have an average load statistic with values between ~3 and 7 which is reflected between 30 and 70% resource usage.

Any knowledge aboutwhat the significance of "resource usage" is and what units LR is measuring in?
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.. Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: LoadRunner analysis "resource usage"

'Resource Usage' is just a generic Y-axis title that applies to all counters on a graph of this type. It is not a percentage - it is simply a numeric index. Each counter in your graph may have a different measurement scale to allow the line to plot within the scale of the single Y-axis. If you right-click a conter in the legend and select 'Configure Measurements' you can change the scale to see how this works.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.