Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

LoadRunner and Citrix

Hi,

I have a requirement to executed performance testing on an application that is accessed via Citrix.
Tool I am using is Performance Center 9.52. As per its documentation VuGen does NOT support Citrix Web Client access method. Unfortunately my application uses Web Client.

I was told by HP technician that some of the customers have been able to use workarounds. Can someone please suggest some way I can work around this tool limitation? If not, can someone suggest a tool we can use? Any help is highly appreciated.

The details are given below:
1. I access the application using a browser. I go onto the URL and login.
2. There is an icon for the applicaiton I want to access and when I click that a client is launched and the applicaiton is opened.
3. To use the Citrix ICA protocol I need the server name. The dev team replied that "As a user we don’t have an ability to select the citrix server which we would like to connect. When we login to the citrix link and select the Calypso env, users dynamically get allocated to the any of available citrix severs. The server which we got connected can be known from the icon which gets populated in the tool bar of the desktop. When we click the icon we can see the citrix connection center"

As a result I do not have a server name to mention in the configuration recording options.

4. 1. Client Name - by which the MetaFrame server identifies the client - Client machine name.
5. Network Protocol - TCP/IP + HTTP
6. Server - The Citrix server name along with the port number
Port = 1494 ( Server will be dynamic.)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner and Citrix

Hi Kashyap,

Did you received any reply on this concern ?

As we have same problem here, could you please send me an email : jp.durand@hp.com.

TIA.

JP

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: LoadRunner and Citrix

This is purely Vugen based, and you would have to use Citrix + Web, there specific versions of Citrix Web Launcher that we support but on the latest version 11.4 we can go up 1.6. You have to check if you are recording it this way first and if it will work.

Regards,

Mario

HP LR/PC Support

If you are customer you can try posting on our internal forums for more personalized support.

LoadRunner:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/LoadRunner-Support-Customer/bd-p/loadrunner-support-customer-forum

Performance Center:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Performance-Center-Support/bd-p/performance-center-support-customer

How to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ChlysWupWM

If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.